Below are listed the top Christian universities that offer degrees online. By clicking on the ‘Click Here’ button next to the schools you are interested in, you can receive free information on enrollment and financial aid from these top online Christian universities:
||Liberty University – Liberty University is one of the largest Christian universities in the world. If you are looking for a Christian university that offers affordable and flexible degree programs, combined with Christian values, then Liberty University is the perfect school for you.
||Grand Canyon University – Grand Canyon University is an accredited online Christian university that prides itself on Christian values, while offering numerous online degree programs that are both flexible and affordable.
Search Our Database of Christian Universities Now!
Navigate our updated database of hundreds of the best Christian universities by using the search tool below to find the top Christian university for you:
Christian Universities Articles : What You Need To Know Before Attending a Christian University
Thank you for visiting Christian Universities, the online source for information and advice pertaining to campus and online Christian Universities. Below you will find our resource articles for students considering their Christian University options. Specifically you will find information on:
- Christian Colleges and Universities
- Online Christian Universities
- California Christian Universities
- Top Christian Universities
- Worst and Best Christian Universities
- Christian Universities that Offer Online Degrees
1) What Types of Christian college and universities, Programs and Degrees Are Available?
If attending a Christian college or university is a priority for you, you’ve come to the right place. There are many accredited Christian colleges across the U.S. as well as online. A Christian college offers the same programs as public or private universities except Christian colleges place an emphasis on Christianity within the academic environment. Christian colleges often have extensive Christian studies and theology programs for those interested in becoming a minister or teaching Christian studies at a college level. Here are the degree types you can receive at a Christian college or university:
- Christian AS Universities – Associate’s Degree: An associate’s degree in usually a two-year program that teaches career-oriented studies. A popular example of an associate’s degree is a nursing or RN program. Nurses learn the ins and outs of their field so they may enter the workforce as quickly as possible, but with a through education that comes from an associate’s degree.
- Christian BS Universities – Bachelor’s Degree: A bachelor’s degree is a four-year program that is typical of large public universities and colleges. Bachelor degree holders are able to begin work at the entry level, but possess the knowledge to advance quickly in their career field and earn more money than those without a degree.
- Christian MA Universities – Master’s Degree: A master’s degree is obtained after earning a bachelor’s degree and two more years of intense research in a field of study. Those who go on the earn a master’s degree have a desire to teach the subject they are studying.
- Christian PhD Universities – Doctor of Philosophy: A PhD is also a degree that students earn when they wish to teach a particular subject or be academic board members. PhD candidates may also become scientists, theologians, researchers or board member in other fields. Earning your PhD can take up to four years depending on your field of study.
- Christian MD Universities– Doctor of Medicine: A degree in medicine can be earned after a bachelor’s degree and four years of medical study in your chosen field. If you plan to become a doctor, grades are very important during your first four years of college. Being accepted to medical school is no easy feat. You can do anything you put your mind to though!
2) What are the requirements to attend a Christian university or college?
Each college tailors its admission requirements by its own guidelines generally. Check with the college of your choice for up to date information on its admission requirements. Usually to gain admittance to a public or private university, prospective students must complete an application with an application fee and send the admissions office a current transcript, whether it’s a high school transcript or a college transcript will depend on your current student status. Some universities may also require a copy of your SAT or ACT scores and a written essay. After you are admitted to a college, earning your degree will depend on your chosen degree program at each individual college.
3) Things to Consider When Choosing an Online Christian University.
As with any school you apply to, you should check to see if the university is accredited by a U.S. Department of Education certified accreditation board. It’s extremely important that your chosen online Christian college or university is accredited. Try checking the U.S. News and World Report’s list of top schools and degree programs to see the status of your university. This list can help you get an idea of what type of university and curriculum you would like to pursue. More Americans are returning to school now than ever before. While a degree does not guarantee employment and higher earning opportunities, more and more employers are demanding a higher education for a chance at employment. Online learning has never made it easier to earn a degree without having to attend classes everyday and be a full time student. Online programs are often flexible making them a good way to earn a degree while still working full time. If you are an independent worker and easily motivated, consider an online Christian university or college. There are several good Christian college options out there. Don’t forget to fill out a FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid, to receive any grants from the federal government and your chosen Christian university.
4) Which online colleges are accredited online Christian universities?
The following Christian universities and colleges list general areas of degree programs such as humanities or science. Each university offers many more online degree programs. Be sure to check with each college to see if it has a degree program for you.
- Liberty University Online Liberty University Online offers associate, bachelor, master or doctoral degrees in over 40 programs. Liberty University Online is also known for being the largest Christian university and its military friendly programs and financing.
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University Bachelor’s Degree: BA – Bachelor of Arts, BS – Bachelor of Science Areas of Study: Psychology, Ministry and Leadership, Business Administration, RN to BSN, Early Childhood Education or Organizational Management and Ethics Master’s Degree: MA – Master of Arts, MS – Master of Science Areas of Study: Education, Nursing Management, Human Resources, Finance or Marketing Oklahoma Wesleyan University is a Christian university with complete online degree programs in the areas of study listed above. Online students may earn a degree at a faster rate than traditional study through the college’s STEP Program.
- Abilene Christian University Master’s Degree: MA – Master of Arts, MS – Master of Science Abilene Christian University only offers master’s degree program in the online format. If you are looking for a Christian master’s program, this may be the college for you. The university offers master’s degrees in Education, Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation and Organizational Human Resource Development.
- Concordia University Bachelor’s Degree: BA – Bachelor of Arts, BS – Bachelor of Science *Coaching: Master of Arts in Coaching and Athletic Administration *Education: Master of Arts in Education Curriculum and Instruction
- Concordia University is a Christian college in Southern California that offers online degree programs and adult continuing education courses. The undergraduate degree program offers basic college-level courses to be used as a starting point. The last two years of an undergraduate education are used to focus on your program of study. * These are the only degrees offered online in Education and Coaching.
- Grand Canyon University Business Liberal Arts Nursing and Health Sciences Education Grand Canyon University Online offers an array of degree programs that can be earned from anywhere with an Internet connection. Be sure to take a look at the university’s extensive FAQ page for loads of information about online learning and Grand Canyon University’s online Christian degree program. This university is accredited and has frequently been listed in U.S. News and World Report as a Top 100 Best College Buy according to the university’s website.
You can also search for Christian colleges at National Center for Education Statistics: College Navigator.
5) What Salary and Careers are available to students with an online Christian college degree?
Depending on your major of study, salary and career options range greatly. A great place to check jobs and salaries is the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Statistic’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-2009. You can browse through the careers from employment ratios and outlooks, salary information and job requirements. College graduate unemployment rates a much lower than the unemployment rates of a high school graduate or less. For more information on the job outlook for college graduates until 2014, take a look at this PDF booklet from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics College Graduate Job Outlook 2004-2014. For more labor and employment statistics and information, check out the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
6) Resources For Prospective Christian University Students
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities – The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities works with Christian institutions to preserve their status as Christian universities rather than religious universities. The council offers information on Christian universities for students and prospective students as well as college planning resources.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-2009 – A nice handbook with all the information you could possibly need on careers and specific salary information.
- U.S. Department of Education – Check the U.S. Department of Education’s website to see if the Christian university of your choice is accredited.
- FAFSA – Your one way ticket to federal, state and college financial aid. You’ll need all of your tax documents from the previous year to complete the application.
- National Center for Education Statistics – Wondering how many college graduates are filing for unemployment? The National Center for Education Statistics will tell you.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics – What about employment numbers for a specific career field? Turn your attention to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for accurate information.